Post by Punkley » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:57 am

it boots up, so it should work :)

Kingsley

jmvb

Re: TBD Black Magic ATEM Raspberry Pi Tally

Post by jmvb » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:01 am

Punkley wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:50 am
it doesn't run X so startx will never work :)

what are you trying to do?

Sorry, I know nothing about Raspberry

The atem is not connected to the device, just testing the booting

What I need to do to run X?

Punkley
Site Admin

Post by Punkley » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:08 am

to get the tally running you don't need to run X

at the ssh prompt just login as tally-config

jmvb

Post by jmvb » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:36 pm

Punkley wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:08 am
to get the tally running you don't need to run X

at the ssh prompt just login as tally-config
I need to do that everytime that the system is powered?

Punkley
Site Admin

Post by Punkley » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:40 pm

no, it will configure it to your atem settings and then the gpio should start working. so it comes down to adding led lights.

Kingsley

jmvb

Post by jmvb » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:43 pm

Hello

Me again.
I tried the raspberry, the relay module and my Viltrox monitor, and it works like a charm!
So easy to configure the ip address.
Great work, thank you very much!!

epicallyadams

Post by epicallyadams » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:26 am

Hi There

We’re ATEM users and came across your raspberry pi tally disc image which is an amazing project. Tally has been something we’ve been trying to add for quite some time so when I cam across your post it was great!

Any how, I’m not an electronic engineer as such, however I’ve done a few bits and generally am able to work out/ teach myself/ YouTube what to do. However I’ve tried all three and I’ve come to a bit of a brick wall, and was hoping you might be able to set me back off in the right direction.

I’ve got the image loaded to the Pi and it boots normally, gets to the log in screen. I log in as tally-config and enter the following fields:

Tally IP Address: I’ve tried entering 192.168.1.50 as this is what comes up as the devices IP address in the start up log, and I’ve also tried entering the IP of the ATEM in this field at 192.168.1.10
Net mask: 255.255.255.0 as on the ATEM set up utility
ATEM 1’s IP Address: 192.168.1.10

(we have an ATEM television studio and an ATEM 2M/E production studio, and I’ve tried on both without success)

Once I put this in it says is this configuration correct, I hit y and then the Pi restarts, returning to the same login screen, which I just leave, no login etc, I assume at this point it is working? Is there a way to confirm if it is seeing the ATEM properly and receiving tally etc? I am not performing a log in, as I have already configured it on the last power cycle.

I’ve tried two different wiring set ups, the LED’s activate happily between 3v and 12v no problem as they have built in resistors. I’ve attached pictures of the wiring diagrams I have tried to make it easier to explain!

In configuration 1, the tally illuminates regardless of which input of the ATEM is on program/ preview. If I change the GPIO port that the light is connected to it works regardless, almost like the GPIO ports are all set to on, or linking to ground etc.

In configuration 2, the tally illuminates continuously as well. I tried moving the cable connected to 5v off of 5v and on to a ground pin, at which point the tally doesn’t illuminate, regardless of the input. Of course I am changing the wires here so that the powering the LED over the Red positive wire and connecting back to the Pi over the black negative.

As you’ll see from the diagrams I am just testing the Program Tally from 1 currently, but my aim is to get all 8 tally channels working. Does it simply map to inputs 1 through 8?

I’m sure the mistake I’m making is very basic and simple (normally is!), so if you were able to point it out to me at all, that would be very much appreciated!

All the best
Ally
Attachments
tally set up.jpg
tally set up.jpg (234.67 KiB) Viewed 524 times

epicallyadams

Post by epicallyadams » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:32 am

Sorry, in case it is relevant, i am on a Pi 2 Model B V1.1 2014

Punkley
Site Admin

Post by Punkley » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:05 am

oh missed this, was working over new years, did you work it out?

Kingsley