XKeys 80 / 60 startup problem - LED control not working. Any ideas?

https://secure.justmacros.tv/
concepttv

XKeys 80 / 60 startup problem - LED control not working. Any ideas?

Post by concepttv » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi all.

Well, having built up a nice rig and used it a number of times over the last year, I've finally needed to sort out the problem with my XKeys / JustMacros combination.

Using a Windows based system, I've written a series of LUA scripts to control CasparCG, ATEM Television Studio (HD) and VideoHub. All works very well, except for LED control on the XKeys.

When JustMacros boots up, all the red LEDs under the keys turn off. What should happen (and sometimes does) is I then flash a "setup" key. When pushed, assuming I've turned on and connected the other systems, this loads in graphics and sets up the inputs / outputs on hub and television studio. It should also load the first colours into the keys.

Weird thing is, this isn't happening. The scripts work fine with other kit, and the functionality of the keys works as it should. Other than in most cases, the LEDs, once they go out when loading JustMacros - never come back on.

Its an intermittent fault - and oddly, in the XKeys tab, I can toggle on and off the red and green panel light (top left), but all key LED functionality simply isn't there.

Sometimes it comes back if I reboot, sometimes when I jiggle position of USB connectors, but frustratingly, I've not reliably found a reason for it working or not working.

I believe I've RTFM'ed fully, so I've absolutely no idea whats going on here. Has anyone else experienced this, or have any direction I could follow?

For added fun, JustMacros.tv and ATEMUser.com seem to have vanished. Does this mean JustMacros is going to become abandonware? I can understand it being down for a few hours, days even... but months? Has anyone recently heard anything positive (or negative) about the situation?

Thanks to this forum's administrators and users - hopefully we can support each-other with what is otherwise a great system...

Kind regards,

Paul.

concepttv

Re: XKeys 80 / 60 startup problem - LED control not working. Any ideas?

Post by concepttv » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi all,

I appreciate I left a few important bits of information off my last post. Apologies.

The system I'm running on is:
HP Z600, Intel XEON Quad core, 16gb RAM, Windows 10 Professional install, lasted updates.

I have since loaded my JustMacros setup onto an Acer laptop. Not ideal, but a fix for now - it seems to work correctly every single time, whereas HP Z600 just doesn't drive the LEDs on the Xkey, except for rare occasions...

Any Ideas?

Kind regards,

Paul.

Punkley
Site Admin

Re: XKeys 80 / 60 startup problem - LED control not working. Any ideas?

Post by Punkley » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:52 am

might sound random, but have you tried a different set of ports on the Z600, it might be a port power issue.