I thought I'd share this information in case it was of any use to anyone out there. I've a background in electronic design, and was asked if I could add hardware tally outputs to a Tricaster Mini HD-4SDI. I achieved this by adding a small circuit board to the control surface (which is required for this design).
I know that there are network based tally units available, and these would avoid any actual hardware modifications (with associated warranty implications!). This is a bit of an 'old school' approach built on Veroboard, but it works, and if you or a friend are handy with a soldering iron it's a very cheap way of adding 'on-air' tally outputs to the Tricaster Mini HD-4SDI.
* I've done a full write up of the project including design notes as well as many pictures of the circuit board and mounting, but it's not possible to attach it to this post. *
I have attached the circuit diagram/schematic plus a couple of pictures of the board and control surface mod to give an idea of what's involved, but message me and I can send you the full write up if you're interested.
Feel free to get in touch with any questions or comments, especially if you're thinking of making it.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Circuit board.jpg (541.62 KiB) Viewed 314 times
- Tricaster mod FINAL Rev C 26 4 19.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 314 times
- Board mounting.jpg (396.8 KiB) Viewed 314 times
- Tricaster mods temp for drawing Rev C 26 4 19.png (126.49 KiB) Viewed 314 times